Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Abba, Father

Looking to God for my strength has been so hard for me lately. I want to take everything into my own hands. My dependency on Him has recently increased, and it scared me. I don't like depending on others.... especially not men. I know that God is not a "man," but in our heads we still give Him that gender because He is referred to as a "He" and because on earth, Jesus was a man. However, I have to remember that God is not the same as man. He will never let me down, and He is PERFECT. He always has my best interest at heart, even if I don't see it that way at the time. The Lord has truly been changing my heart so much this year already and I am SO grateful! Actually, just this past week He showed me, once again, how tightly He is holding me and how He is protecting my heart for me! Tonight, I have just been in a weird mood.... I am really missing having a daddy and I just want God to wrap me in His arms, pull me onto His lap and tell me that everything is going to be okay because "Daddy's here." Pray with me as I learn to place my full dependency on Him, and as I realize that He will never leave, nor forsake me!

My Prince of Peace,
You truly are the love of my life, and Your daughter is crying out to You now. Yes, come hold me while I cry. How it comforts my soul to have access to You anytime. I love knowing I am not alone in the dark. Thank You, my Prince, my Lord, for reaching down from heaven with Your loving hand and wiping away my tears. Hold me until all is well with my soul again. Remind me when I hurt that You are just a prayer away.
Love,
Your Daughter
who longs to be in Your arms always

"But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from His sanctuary; my cry to Him reached His ears." -Psalm 18:6

No comments:

Post a Comment